Highsted Grammar School continues to get involved in a wide range of national and international initiatives through which our students benefit in countless ways. The following information gives a brief summary about some of these activities and links to further information.
RHS Campaign for School Gardening
The RHS Campaign for School Gardening works with over 21,000 schools and groups, representing more than 4.5 million children across the UK, to inspire a love of plants and horticulture. Through our resources, unique competitions and hands-on projects, we support teachers to enhance children’s skills and development to meet the needs of the future. Our extensive bank of online resources and national programme of school gardening training courses enthuse teachers and give them skills and confidence to create outdoor learning experiences that impact on children’s achievement, health and well-being, whilst supporting the National Curriculum.
UK Space Agency
The UK Space Agency is responsible for all strategic decisions on the UK civil space programme and provides a clear, single voice for UK space ambitions. At the heart of UK efforts to explore and benefit from space, we are responsible for ensuring that the UK retains and grows a strategic capability in space-based systems, technologies, science and applications. We lead the UK’s civil space programme in order to win sustainable economic growth, secure new scientific knowledge and provide benefit to all citizens.
We work to:
- co-ordinate UK civil space activity
- encourage academic research
- support the UK space industry
- raise the profile of UK space activities at home and abroad
- increase understanding of space science and its practical benefits
- inspire our next generation of UK scientists and engineers
- licence the launch and operation of UK spacecraft
- promote co-operation and participation in the European Space programme
For more information on the UK Space Agency or Principia Mission, please contact Julia Short at email@example.com