- New Vacancies
- Highsted Remembers 2020
- Class of 2020 - a Force for Change
- ASGS International Women's Day Conference
- World Book Day 2020
- Dr Shola Inspires Students
- County Careers Fair 2020
- Awards Evening 2019
- Christmas Musical Events 2019
- House Drama 2019: Pandora's Box Sure is Heavy...
- Year 7 Celebration Tea Party
- Highsted Student's First Prize from Oxford
- Engineering Team Takes on Bomb Disposal
- Highsted Performs at the Glee Club Challenge
- Awards Evening 2018
- Review of Splendid Productions
- Christmas Musical Events
- House Drama 2018
- Highsted Hosts Swale Youth Forum
- Lower School Awards
- Summer Musical Production
- Imani Cheers for England
- Lessons from Auschwitz
- World Book Day 2018
- Mad Science Saturday 2018
- Annual Awards Evening
- Christmas Begins!
- House Drama Competition
- Year 8 Charity Bazaar
- Rachael is National Champion!
- Remembrance at Ypres
- Tea Party Supports Transition
- Mathletics at Highsted!
- Harvest Dreams for Food Bank
- Highsted Joins Mission CPR
- Annabel's Charity Challenge
- Funds for Demelza
- Class of 2017
- Nicola Secures Place at Top American University
Dr Shola Inspires Student Admiration
On Friday 17 January, Highsted Grammar School was honoured to have Dr Shola Mos-Shogbamimu come and address our Sixth Form.
Dr Shola is a lawyer, political and women’s rights activist as well as founder of the Women in Leadership publication. As a woman who unapologetically stands up for what she believes in, the Head Girl Team, believe her to be a role model of significant value. We hoped her visit would motivate the Sixth Form to be as passionate and determined as her and it most certainly did not disappoint.
Dr Shola discussed ideas surrounding achieving your potential, and how education plays a pivotal role in this, in addition to other values such as determination. As an academic enthusiast, Shola has an Executive MBA (Cambridge); PhD (Birkbeck); LLM (London School of Economics & Political Science); MA (Westminster) and LLB Hons (Buckingham University) so displayed a clear message to our students that there is no limit to what you can achieve in your studies if you work hard at it.
Shola teaches intersectional feminism to female refugees and asylum seekers as well as co-organising women's marches and social campaigns. She is a true figure to admire.