- New Vacancies
- Class of 2020 - a Force for Change
- ASGS International Women's Day Conference
- World Book Day 2020
- Dr Shola Inspires Students
- County Careers Fair 2020
- Awards Evening 2019
- Christmas Musical Events 2019
- House Drama 2019: Pandora's Box Sure is Heavy...
- Year 7 Celebration Tea Party
- Highsted Student's First Prize from Oxford
- Engineering Team Takes on Bomb Disposal
- Highsted Performs at the Glee Club Challenge
- Awards Evening 2018
- Review of Splendid Productions
- Christmas Musical Events
- House Drama 2018
- Highsted Hosts Swale Youth Forum
- Lower School Awards
- Summer Musical Production
- Imani Cheers for England
- Lessons from Auschwitz
- World Book Day 2018
- Mad Science Saturday 2018
- Annual Awards Evening
- Christmas Begins!
- House Drama Competition
- Year 8 Charity Bazaar
- Rachael is National Champion!
- Remembrance at Ypres
- Tea Party Supports Transition
- Mathletics at Highsted!
- Harvest Dreams for Food Bank
- Highsted Joins Mission CPR
- Annabel's Charity Challenge
- Funds for Demelza
- Class of 2017
- Nicola Secures Place at Top American University
Heroes and Heroines – World Book Day
On Friday 6 March, Highsted celebrated World Book Day with staff and students honouring the world of comic book and graphic novel characters by wearing costumes for the day to raise money for charity.
During the day, students showed their love of literature by attending school dressed in an incredible range of costumes. Student winners of the costume event were: Madison S (E4) as ‘Hela’ from ‘Thor: Ragnarok’; Maryam C (C2) as the ‘Mystery Machine’ from ‘Scooby Doo’; and Alycea W (F3) as ‘Beetlejuice’. The staff winners this year were: Mr Ware as ‘Wonder Woman’ and Mr Webb as ‘The Joker’ from ‘Batman’.
The school also took part in a sponsored reading event to raise money for ‘Readathon’, which raises money to provide mobile libraries and arranges for storytellers, famous authors and artists to visit hospitals and bring books to children staying in hospital long term. This year the sponsored read started on Friday 14 February and continued until Friday 6 March and the school managed to raise £89. This year’s top readers were: Faith D, Abigail H, Phoebe H and Abigail R, reading the most books during the sponsored read.
Also during the day, students had the opportunity to participate in a range of World Book Day themed activities such as the ‘Famous Literary Figures Quiz’ and designing a super-hero themed chocolate bar, and marketing campaign, as part of their studies in persuasive writing in English lessons.
This year the event was another great success and the total amount raised for charity was an amazing £500! Congratulations to all who made the event so successful.