- Knowledge Organisers
- Pastoral Curriculum
- Education for Life
- Remote Education Provision
- Where Learning is Fun!
- STEM - Making Learning Fun!
- British Science Week 2022
- STEM Research Lecture Series 2019
- Wider Curriculum
- Citizenship Service Award
- Citizenship & Enterprise 2019
- Citizenship & Enterprise 2018
- Citizenship & Enterprise 2017
- Citizenship & Enterprise Photo Gallery
- 2021 A-level & GCSE Results
- Examination Results
- Enrichment Activities
- Ofsted Reports
- Pupil Premium
- Fundamental British Values
At Highsted Grammar School, homework is an integral part of our curriculum for all students. It is designed to support their learning in class, encourage personal research and creativity, as well as develop independent study skills; thereby offering personal fulfilment through a commitment to lifelong learning.
At our school, homework will:
- provide students with an opportunity to reflect on the learning from their lesson;
- allow students to revisit key concepts, knowledge and skills multiple times;
- ensure that students complete reading at home so that they work on live problem-solving during lessons;
- develop clear learning intentions and success criteria;
- be purposeful, meaningful and appropriately challenging for all students.
Homework will be set using written pieces of homework and Knowledge Organisers. A Knowledge Organiser is a summary of the key facts and essential core knowledge with all the information broken down into easily digestible chunks. Pupils will review, revise and quiz themselves using their knowledge organisers. Parents can also use these to quiz their child to see what they know and remember.
When homework has not been set, it is expected that students use their knowledge organiser to revisit the material from their lesson and that students engage in the stretch and challenge activities outlined in the ‘Super-Curriculum’ page on our website.
Please follow the tab Knowledge Organisers to access the details for each subject that you take.
Homework timetables can be downloaded by following the links below: