Information & Activities in Support of Online Learning
Childnet Digital Leaders Programme
The Childnet Digital Leaders Programme is a youth leadership training programme empowering young people to educate their peers about online safety. Groups of Digital Leaders complete training on an interactive, informative and entertaining platform. They work through online modules, equipping them with the skills they need to go on to educate and support their peers.
Here at Highsted, our own group of Digital Leaders are working to support others by sharing their own understanding through assemblies and focused activities throughout the year. To download their account of activities so far and the programme for the coming term, please follow this link.
A message to all students and parents/carers
This new webpage is designed to give students and parents/carers guidance on safe use of the internet to support learning from home. Additionally, there are activities which both can share to make the most effective use of all our Super-Curriculum work units, as well as improve levels of understanding and safegarding in the use of online resources across a wide range of applications - social, educational and for entertainment.
To access the materials, simply click on the links below.
Information and advice for students and parents/carers
- CEOP: Parents' helpsheet - secondary
- Tips for remote learning (students)
- Tips for remote learning (parents)
- Maintaining good mental wellbeing
- First-to-a-million interactive Powerpoint presentation This is a large file so it may take a few minutes to download, please be patient.
- Tips for parents: Zoom
- Tips for parents: Netflix
- Tips for parents: Disney+
- Tips for parents: Houseparty
- What parents need to know about: Online Grooming
- What parents need to know about: Google Stadia
- What parents need to know about: PlayStation 4
- NEW Be Kind Online
Activities for students and parents/carers
- CEOP Activity 1 (age 11-13)
- CEOP Activity 2 (age 11-13)
- CEOP Activity 3 (age 11-13)
- CEOP Activity 4 (age 11-13)
- NEW CEOP Think You Know Activity 5 (age 11-13)
- CEOP Activity 1 (age 14+)
- CEOP Activity 2 (age 14+)
- CEOP Activity 3 (age 14+)
- CEOP Activity 4 (age 14+)
- NEW CEOP Think You Know Activity 5 (age 14+)